Pacific City is known as a fishing town and getaway spot for over a hundred years. Situated in an exciting and unique topographical and land zone, on the edge of the Three Capes Scenic Drive
How to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal & Sell It Faster
Dated: August 21 2020
When you’re looking to sell your home in a competitive market, curb appeal is oh so important. Curb appeal is what makes the first impression on potential buyers and gets them to take a closer look at your available home. So if you are thinking about putting your home on the market in the coming months, you should consider using these resources to maximize your curb appeal:
Start By Focusing on The Front of Your Home
When you think of curb appeal, you may think about landscaping and we’ll get to that in a moment. But first, let’s talk about ways to spruce up the front of your actual home.
- It’s important to pay attention to your roof because buyers will pay attention, too.
- If your roof looks good you can also boost curb appeal with new shutters or gutters.
- Adding a new front door can help enhance the appraisal value of your home.
- Or simply painting your front door and using colors that will compliment your home.
Now Move onto Your Yard and Landscaping
Once you’ve freshened up the front of your home you can start working on your yard. You can make simple changes or you can go big, but these updates tend to offer the most ROI:
- You can try some DIY landscape design for eye-catching effects.
- Hiring landscapers is a low-stress and effective way to enhance curb appeal.
- Using planters and containers around your porch is another savvy landscaping tip.
- If you’re short on time, it may also be a good idea to go with low-maintenance plants.
Then Work on Adding a Few Final Touches
With the big projects out of the way, you can take a step back to see if there are any small details you can tweak to really help your home stand out. This can include:
- Updating your mailbox, which is a simple project you can tackle on your own.
- In addition to updating your mailbox, you may want to freshen up your house numbers.
- Staging your front porch with a few chairs and simple decor can also be helpful.
- Don’t forget to add ample lighting, which can be another low-cost and simple project.
Finally, Show Your Home Off With Great Photos
After you’ve worked so hard on all of these updates, you are going to want to show them off to potential buyers. Which means using these tips to ensure your listing and photos are top-notch:
- To take the hassle out of listing your home, work with an experienced listing agent.
- If you’re selling in Oregon, that can mean hiring a broker via Home Oregon Coast.
- You can also take your own photos using a few helpful hacks, tips, and tricks.
First impressions can be so important, especially when it comes to selling a home. So make the changes and improvements your home needs to stand out in all of the right ways. Also make sure you have the right realtor. Then you can sit back and start watching the offers pour in!
Photo Credit: Pixabay
Credits to the author:
Read more of our informative blog posts, we add new articles about real estate on the Oregon Coast every week.
Meet Taj Richardson: I have lived on the Oregon Coast since 1994. I graduated from Nestucca High School in 1996. After several years in college and traveling, I made my way to Lincoln City in 2003. I ....
Latest Blog Posts
All About FractionalsFOR SALE: The Resort at Whale Pointe Unit 601 Week H and Unit 318 Week A.If you are that person who visits the coast often, and dreams of having a permanent spot to stay at each